Established in 1912, the school that became Valley View Adventist Academy was originally located on the corner of Short and Allen Streets in the Village of Arroyo Grande. The teacher’s salary was set at a whopping $25 per month for nine months. From a small beginning, the small building was used as a school for 26 years. The students who attended the school were nicknamed “The Allen Street Gang”.
The current school property was gifted for a school by a local landowner and church member, J. A. Beckett. In the summer of 1938, a three-room building was constructed on a hill overlooking the Arroyo Grande Valley with a view of the Pacific Ocean.